HPS building guide specification
- Design and making of metal appliance cabinets
- Reading electronics schematics
- Mounting electronic components mechanically into a cabinet
- Custom-made transformer is required:
- Remaining components are common and easily obtainable. See Components Required
I built the device about 10 years ago so I don't remember. But guess
it can be finished in 1 week free time (so that not full time).
HPS device specifications
|Voltage||Nominal max. current
|2-approx. 22V regulated||1A
- Overload protection: All outputs. Fixed outputs limit between 1A
and 2.5A. Variable limits between 1.5 and 3.4A.
- Thermal overload protection: all outputs
- Protection against applied inverse voltage: all outputs
- Protection against applied overvoltage: all output
- Mains fuse: T200mA
- Mains nominal voltage: 230VAC, 50Hz
- Safety class 1 (3-pole mains plug, PE (earth protect) connected to
metal case of the appliance and to the output ground)
- No floating output. Output is grounded to mains' PE.
- Measurement: single movement that measures regulated output's voltage (Ureg).
- LEDs: +12V, -12V, +5V have leds (red, yellow, red) that indicate presence
of voltage and go off in case of short circuit. A single green diode indicates
presence of secondary voltage and changes it's brightness according to
transformer's response to load.
- Switches: 1 switch that cuts off mains, in both poles (L1 an N)
- Dimensions: depends on selected cabinet construction, but for example:
- Power cord: detachable
- Pwer cord length: 2m
- Weight: depends on selected cabinet construction, but for example: 2554g without power cord
- Operating ambient temperature: 0...+70degC
- Storage ambient temperature: -40...+85degC
- Doesn't have any unusual requirements for prevention of coverage or similar.
Heat is dissipated through the whole box surface. Doesn't have any vent holes.
Send feedback to clock (AT) twibright . com or to the Ronja Mailing list
||(c)1998-2004 Twibright Labs|